Our research goal is to develop essential therapy for neurodegenerative disorders including Huntington disease. We have found effective siRNA for the mouse model of Huntington disease. Treated mice with the siRNA slowed the progress of the disease.
We are also interested in the molecular events of neruoregeneration and the molecular biology of neural progenitor cells. Recently, we established a comprehensive method to screen G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) expressed in selective neural cells, and found important roles of particular GPCRs in the fate of neural progenitor cells. We are going to apply these findings to develop a unique method to regulate and stimulate neuroregeneration.
- Aoki, S., Li, H., Su, Q., et al., Identification of a novel axotomy-induced protein, AIGP1, possibly involved in cellular apoptosis triggered by endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi stress. J. Neurosci., 22, 10751-10760, 2002
- Sakurai, M., Ayukawa, K., Setsuie, R., et al. Ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase L1 regulates the morphology of neural progenitor cells and modulates their differentiation. J. Cell Sci., 119(Pt1), 162-171, 2006
- Sun, Y.J., Nishikawa, K., Yuda, H., Wang, Y.L., Osaka, H., Fukazawa, N., Naito, A., Kudo, Y., Wada, K., and Aoki, S. Solo/Trio8, a membrane-associated short isoform of Trio, modulates endosome dynamics and neurite elongation. Mol. Cell. Biol., 26, 6923-6935, 2006.
- Ohashi, H., Nishikawa, K., Ayukawa, K., Hara, Y., Nishimoto, M., Kudo, Y., Abe, T., Aoki, S., Wada, K. Alpha 1-adrenoceptor agonists protect against stress-induced death of neural progenitor cells. Eur. J. Pharmacol., 573, 20-28, 2007. 2007 Jul 12; [Epub ahead of print]
- Sasaki, R., Aoki, S., Yamato, M., Uchiyama, H., Wada, K., Okano, T., Ogiuchi, H. Neurosphere generation from dental pulp of adult rat incisor. Eur. J. Neurosci., 27, 538-548, 2008